How will you become a Change Agent? Try the Reckoning exploratory writing exercise below:
- Watch RWRIN’s short advocacy video Medical Change Agents and or Danaya Hall’s nurse interview.
- Write or record your first impression or thoughts in a personal (audio, written or video) journal. What arises?
- Watch the documentary video again, exploring the following questions in the same way (journal or personal recording):
- What did you observe, hear or feel?
- What issues did you notice?
- What is the importance of BIPOC representation in nursing?
- How does BIPOC representation impact healthcare, health outcomes and research?
- Have you witnessed or found yourself in a similar situation? Describe.
- What information in the videos is helpful to you? Why?
- What could have been done differently in the video?
- If you witness a similar situation, what would/could you do?
- How will you use the information learned in Medical Change Agents to support change?